Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Week in the Life - Friday

I've decided to participate in a special project this week called "Week in the Life". I will be documenting the daily details of our lives with pictures and words and reflecting a bit on the parts that I'm especially grateful for. This project is inspired by scrapbooker/blogger/artist Ali Edwards, who does this one week each year and encourages others to participate.

As it happens, this week will be a week chock full of activity, family, and special moments. Both our boys celebrate their birthdays! For that reason this project seemed especially appropriate this year. I really hope I can be faithful in my picture taking and journaling (historically two things I struggle with). I will be posting my pictures and some of my journaling here on my blog over the course of the week but then I will assemble it all into a set of scrapbook pages after it's done.  Thanks for sharing the week with me!

The Day


6:30am - We get to sleep in a little this morning because the boys have a pediatrician appointment. After several cold, wet mornings it's nice to have sunlight streaming through the windows!

8:30am - The boys and I go to Chick-Fil-A (or as Carter says, "Coo Coo Lay") for breakfast. This is a big treat for the boys - they LOVE eating here, especially since there is an indoor play place there. Love sitting at breakfast across the table from my two boys.



9:00am - Visit with the pediatrician for annual check ups. We are so blessed to have two healthy boys who do all the things that 4 year olds and 2 year olds are supposed to do (even the things that annoy us). I always love seeing our doctor - he is amazing. The boys are so good - they never complain about doctor visits. It doesn't hurt that visits usually end with stickers and lollipops!

(David showing off his "muscles"!)

10:00am - Drop off the boys at school just in time for them to have their class pictures taken. Whew! The day is already off to a whirlwind start. I get to work about a half hour later and spend the first few minutes feeling a little lonely and missing the kids. It's always like that when I get to spend more time with the boys than usual before coming to work.  Hmmm..another reason to get up early? You'd think I would learn by now.  :-)

12:00pm - My co-worker and I decide to enjoy the beautiful weather and eat outside in the courtyard at the office. I could stay out here the rest of the day!


1:00pm - A meeting to work on strategy for an upcoming project. I'm starting to feel stressed again.



5:00pm - Ready to stop being stressed and go pick up the kids!

5:30pm - I forget the camera at school. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to see if we got any good school pictures from today.

6:00pm - Home. I start baking cupcakes and we order dinner. I alternate baking and eating. :-)


7:00pm - My parents come over. Mom are here to help me decorate cupcakes and get the party favor bags together. Dad is here to help with the kid-wrangling. Much tickling ensues.


9:30pm - I have to make a quick trip to the store for more icing for the cupcakes. I forget to buy candy for the favor bags (sigh) so I'll have to do it in the morning. Here's a preview of our "Monsters, Inc" themed birthday party tomorrow...


Can't wait to see tomorrow's pics! It's going to be a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, but keep it classy please!