Sunday, April 22, 2012
I made two copies of the enlarged photo. one right on top of the other. The bottom layer was processed with the "Brotherly Love" action from My Four Hens and the color layer was processed with "Barefoot Vintage" (oh how I love that action). After the photo processing I added the frame on top and placed it where I wanted it to go, then used that as a guide to select and remove all the part of the color layer outside the frame so that it just exposed the bottom black and white layer.
The other technical detail of this page that presented a challenge was the journaling. I knew I wanted it to follow the lines of the sidewalk but I didn't really know how to make it do that in PSE. So I ended up with a simple yet slightly tedious solution which involved creating multiple text boxes, each one set to the proper width so that the journaling stayed inside the sidewalk edges. As the edges got wider, the text boxes got wider. Perhaps there's a better way to do this, but hey, it worked! And I love the end result.