Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Sunflower

Supplies Used: Smudge It Up Vol.1, Nature's Canvas Paper Pack - liv.Edesigns; Watercolor Masks - Nancie Rowe Janitz; All Scratched Up Borders - One Little Bird Designs

This year my son brought a sunflower seedling home from school. As it happened, I had an empty spot in the garden, so we plopped it in. I've been amazed at watching what was actually TWO separate seedlings grow and grow and GROW and finally blossom into a cheerful cacophony of flowers. Sunflowers are truly a wonder to grow - the stems are very strong, in fact my sunflower supported a cucumber vine for a while until the vine produced its fruit, then died. The flowers are still coming and coming, as are the honeybees, who LOVE visiting these plants.If you've never grown sunflowers before I highly recommend it!

The photo technique used on this page came from this tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, but keep it classy please!